elevating higher education
Because we believe the greatest risk is letting true potential remain unrealized, Young Harris College has created the Scholars Consortium for its highest achieving students. With a cohort of like-minded, motivated peers from a range of disciplines, this is your chance to try new things, push yourself and impact others.
Already, YHC attracts intellectually curious students with our Honors Program. Our Scholars Consortium is an extension of that, designed to further challenge you academically and prepare you professionally. We’ll help create a path for your most ambitious dreams—whether your goal is to earn an advanced degree or to fast track a successful career after graduation.
In YHC’s Scholars Consortium, you’ll engage in discussions and activities that expand your mind and worldview. You’ll learn from visiting scholars, mentoring faculty and community leaders. Most important, you’ll get personal assistance as you plan and pursue advanced learning opportunities:
- Applying for fellowships and scholarships such as the Fulbright, Goldwater, Marshall, Mitchell, National Science Foundation, Rhodes, Truman, Udall and others
- Studying abroad and traveling internationally
- Presenting individual research on and off campus
- Securing internships and practical work experience
- Selecting a minor to pursue another area of interest
Scholars will have opportunities to participate in workshops, attend campus events with influential guests and present their own research. To join YHC’s Scholars Consortium, submit your application and essay. For more information about the requirements for acceptance, contact the coordinator of the Scholars Consortium.
The application deadline for Fall 2014 is Friday, May 30.
Questions? Speak to Dr. Jennifer Gianfalla.