Accel Program for Georgia Students
The Accel Program gives local students the opportunity to take college courses while still enrolled in high school. Since the mid 1990s, thousands of Georgia students have benefited from this chance to get an early start on college coursework as part-time or full-time college students.
To qualify for the Accel Program at YHC, you must:
- Be certified by high school as eligible for Accel funds and participation in the program
- Be enrolled in a Georgia high school
- Be classified as a junior or senior or be at least 16 years of age
- Have at least a 3.0 high school academic GPA as calculated on a true 4.0 scale by YHC, not as a translation of the cumulative average calculated by the high school
- Have at least a 970 (math and critical reading) on the SAT or 21 on the ACT
To apply for the Accel Program, you must submit:
- Application for admission to YHC
- Official high school transcript
- SAT or ACT scores
- Accel Agreement signed by you and a parent
- Accel Planning Sheet signed by a high school counselor
For fall semester admission, you must take the SAT/ACT in the preceding fall and apply in February or March. For spring semester admission, you must take the SAT/ACT in the preceding spring.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at (706) 379-5222.