Skip to main content
Incoming Student Checklist
Prior to attending START:
- Register for START.
Login using your YHC username and password. Mailed to all new students along with START packet (starting April 15 for Summer/Fall and December 1 for Spring).After registering for START go to YHC Outdoor Adventures and sign up for an adventure trip. Space is limited and they fill up fast.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit required health forms and records.
- Submit final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
Final, official transcript showing your date of graduation can be sent to YHC Admissions Office, 1 College Street. PO Box 116, Young Harris, GA 30582 or electronically through GACollege411 or another electronic transcript service.
- Register for fall classes.
You can start building your schedule immediately using Self Service. In the coming weeks, you will be contacted by the Registrar and Student Success Center to discuss degree requirements and the course registration process. Check your YHC email for more information.
Prior to arriving in August:
- Check YHC email regularly.
Log in using your YHC username and password. At the top of the page you will see links to YHC Email, Moodle, Self Service and Starfish. These are important tools to your success as a YHC student. More information is given about each of these at START.
- Pay your tuition and fees by July 31 (summer/fall) and Dec. 12 (spring).
Details and payment options>>
- Complete AlcoholEdu.
Details will be mailed to your YHC Email account in July (fall) and December (spring).
- Read the First Year Foundations book.