Connecting to the YHC Network
Information Technology will offer help sessions at the beginning of each semester to help students configure their computers for network access. In addition, students can call or stop the Information Technology helpdesk to obtain assistance.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher - 4GB RAM minimum | 8GB+ recommended
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.6 or higher - 4GB RAM minimum | 8GB+ recommended
- Wireless Capability: Young Harris College is predominantly a wireless campus. All residential halls have 100% wireless coverage and require a computer with wireless capability to access the college network.
- Antivirus: Students will be required to have an active antivirus product installed on their personal computer before being able to connect to the YHC network.
- Computer Certification: Students will be required to go through a computer certification process to certify their computer has the latest operating system patches and an active virus program.
- Microsoft Office: Students are provided with a downloadable copy of Microsoft Office 365. Once you have obtained a YHC username and password, you can find download instructions on the Information Technology webpage of YHC Connect.
- File-sharing: All file-sharing software must be removed from the computer (i.e. Gnutella, Frostwire, etc.). IMPORTANT: File-sharing software is not allowed at any time while connected to YHC network.
Email is the official means of communication for the YHC community. It is required that you check your YHC email account on regular basis.