Connecting to the YHC Network
Information Technology will offer help sessions at the beginning of each semester to help students configure their computers for network access. In addition, students can call or stop the Information Technology helpdesk to obtain assistance.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows: 1GB recommended; Vista - 1GB RAM minimum | 2GB recommended; Windows 7 - 1GB RAM minimum | 2GB recommended
- Macintosh: Mac OS X operating system
- Wireless Capability: Young Harris College is predominantly a wireless campus. All residential halls have 100% wireless coverage and require a computer with wireless capability to access the college network.
- Antivirus: Students will be required to have an active antivirus product installed on their personal computer before being able to connect to the YHC network.
- Computer Certification: Students will be required to go through a computer certification process to certify their computer has the latest operating system patches and an active virus program.
- Microsoft Office: Young Harris College utilizes Microsoft Office and recommends that students have Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
- File-sharing: All file-sharing software must be removed from the computer (i.e. Gnutella, Frostwire, etc.). IMPORTANT: File-sharing software is not allowed at any time while connected to YHC network.
Email is the official means of communication for the YHC community. It is required that you check your YHC email account on regular basis.