The YHC Guide to Student Life serves as a resource and reference guide for your journey of learning and personal development at YHC. We encourage you to take advantage of the many services and programs offered by the faculty and staff that are designed to enhance your overall experience.
The administration and Board of Trustees at Young Harris College believe that one of their primary responsibilities is to encourage the development and maintenance of an environment within the Young Harris College community which best permits the institution and its students to realize their goals. Most of these expectations center on policies and procedures that establish and maintain a safe and healthy campus, provide an environment that is conducive to learning and personal development, support and reflect local, state, and national laws, provide equal opportunities for all students, and reflect principles of shared responsibility.
The Guide to Student Life is divided into multiple sections:
- A Tradition of Excellence gives an overview of the institution including the history, mission, slogan, goals, values, and vision statement.
- Campus Information exposes students to a fairly comprehensive list of experiences and services offered by the College to help them succeed academically and socially.
- College Policy encompasses selected policies and procedures most relevant to students; including a subsection for Residence Life as well as Campus Activities and Student Organizations. Included are the non-academic policies and procedures of Young Harris College every student is responsible for knowing, observing, and complying with.
- Student Conduct System focuses on the process followed if a student violates College policy or, in turn, feels that his/her rights have been violated. This section describes in detail the student conduct process as well as student development opportunities in policy revision and enforcement.
- 2013-2014 Calendar of Events only scratches the surface of what is offered each week on campus. Students are able to use this 52-week calendar to help balance their busy lives and keep up with important events such as class, assignments, tests, organizational meetings, road trips, and sleep.