AlcoholEdu and Haven
ALCOHOLEDU and Haven
As part of our comprehensive alcohol abuse prevention program, YHC requires all new incoming students to complete AlcoholEdu. This includes transfer, international students and commuter students. This online, science-based course is completed by more than half a million students each year nationwide. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers.
YHC is committed to creating a safe campus for everyone. As part of our comprehensive education program, we require all new incoming students to complete Haven. This online, science-based course is an introduction to healthy relationships, sexual violence, stalking, and relationship violence, and is used on more than 500 campuses. If you find this module’s content to be personally challenging and would like to speak with someone, consider calling RAINN, a 24-hour national sexual assault hotline, at (800) 656-HOPE.
All survey responses for both courses are confidential. The College will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will not see any individual answers unless you give permission. All new students are required to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven. Failure to complete both Parts 1 and 2 of each course will result in a “failure to comply” sanction which includes a $50 fine and the course will still need to be completed. Any student who fails to complete the courses will not be able to register for the next semester’s classes until the requirement is fulfilled.
Transfer students who have already taken AlcoholEdu and Haven at another institution may opt out of taking the course again by presenting proof of previous completion. Contact Linda Kniess, RN, for further details.
- The courses will be available beginning July 13, 2015. Log in instructions are emailed to students just prior to the start date.
- Part One of each course must be completed by Aug. 13, 2015.
- Part Two will be available 45 days after completion of Part One and must be completed by Oct. 16, 2015.
- You will need a computer with internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical difficulties, please use any major web browser released within the last two years. Google Chrome, Mozilla, Safari or Foxfire are recommended. Flashplayer 10.0 or newer is also needed.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings; just remember to hit “next” at the end of each section to save your work.
The AlcoholEdu technical support center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. Live phone support is available at 866-384-9062.
Contact Linda Kniess, RN, for further details.