Master of Arts in Teaching Admission Requirements
In addition to the meeting Young Harris College’s graduate school admission requirements, the following documents must be received in order for a decision about an applicant’s admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program can be made:
1. Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of at least 2.75 calculated in accordance with Graduate Admissions procedures.
2. Program Admission Assessment scores at a passing level. (An applicant may exempt Program Admission Assessment with acceptable scores on the ACT, SAT, or GRE General Test. See Georgia Professional Standards Commission requirements for more details on exempting the Program Admission Assessment.)
3. GACE assessment scores in appropriate content certification area (Biology Test I & II, English Test 1 & II, History Test I & II, or Mathematics Test I & II) with at least a professional level score of 250 for each assessment.
4. Georgia Educator Ethics Program Entry module 350 completed.
5. GaPSC Pre-Service Application which must be notarized along with a valid copy of U.S. driver’s license or current passport.*
*Acceptance is contingent upon clearing the criminal background check stipulated by Young Harris College and the GaPSC. Students slated for enrollment in any field-based course who have not submitted all of the above documentation for review will not be allowed to participate in course or field work until all documentation has been received and reviewed. In such cases program completion will be delayed.
To apply for regular admission, an individual must have:
1. Graduate Admissions application.
2. Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Official international transcripts must have a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Evaluations must include certification that the applicant has received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution and includes a calculated cumulative grade point average.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for YHC's Master of Arts in Teaching is a flat rate of $9,000 for the one-year program. To apply for financial aid complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).