Public policy is one of several Business and Public Policy (BUSP) degrees offered at YHC. The BUSP department trains students on how to run a business in a world governed by policy and how to create policies with the business world in mind.
The Business and Public Policy majors are all built on the same liberal arts core and common business core. These majors have been designed with the intent to allow students to double major within the BUSP areas. Students are encouraged to do so.
What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- A large business core of accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and public policy
Major classes in public policy, including:
- Institutions and politics: Learn how formal institutions (such as government) and intangible institutions (such as cultural norms) shape our policy landscape
- Political philosophy: Learn the role of government and explore what it should be
- Development economics: Understand why poor nations are poor and what can be done about it
What can you do with a public policy major?
Public policy prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. Many of our students pursue advanced degrees in law or policy. Furthermore, a degree in public policy provides a student with footing for any government or corporate job requiring analysis, critical thinking or problem-solving skills. A public policy degree will set you up for success in roles requiring effectiveness and efficiency.
*When viewing requirements for your major, please select appropriate catalog year.