What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- A large business core of accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and public policy
Major classes in public policy, including:
- Institutions and politics: Learn how formal institutions (such as government) and intangible institutions (such as cultural norms) shape our policy landscape
- Political philosophy: Learn the role of government and explore what it should be
- Development economics: Understand why poor nations are poor and what can be done about it
What can you do with a degree in public policy?
Public policy prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. Many of our students pursue advanced degrees in law or policy. Furthermore, a degree in public policy provides a student with footing for any government or corporate job requiring analysis, critical thinking or problem-solving skills. A public policy degree will set you up for success in roles requiring effectiveness and efficiency.