FAQ for YHC's 135th Anniversary Masks
Below are answers to questions regarding YHC's Giving Day and the 135th anniversary masks that will be available on Tuesday, February 23.
How can I get a mask?
- The special edition Young Harris College 135th Anniversary mask will be available for contributions of $35 or more beginning on YHC’s Giving Day on Tuesday, February 23, and will be given until supplies run out!
How many masks can I get?
Masks will be available as one mask per donor, with the minimum donation being $35.
What if I give $70 or $105 or beyond?
We appreciate any gift amount you give, however your one gift of $70, $105 or beyond will provide you with one mask.
How many masks are available?
We have 500 masks available. We will begin offering them as a benefit during YHC’s Giving Day on Tuesday, February 23, and will continue to offer them with a minimum donation of $35 until supplies run out.
I have already made a gift this fiscal year. Will I receive a mask?
- If you made a gift before Tuesday, February 23, thank you! Because this is a special initiative for a limited time only, we are asking all those who wish to receive a Young Harris College 135th Anniversary mask to make a gift beginning Tuesday, February 23 for our annual Giving Day. Masks will continue to be available as supplies last.
What will my gift support?
Gifts made during the YHC Giving Day on Tuesday, February 23 will support the Young Harris Fund, the unrestricted giving program at Young Harris College.
The following are included in the Young Harris Fund and can be designated as such:
- Bob and Carol Head Local Scholarship Campaign
- Class Scholarship Challenge
- General Scholarships
- Expendable Scholarships
- Young Harris Fund
The Young Harris Fund does not include endowments and restricted funds.
Can I choose something besides the Young Harris Fund and receive a mask?
We appreciate all the ways you support Young Harris College, but to receive a mask your gift must be made towards unrestricted giving and the Young Harris Fund.
I have a monthly recurring gift. Will I receive a mask?
If you are a donor with a monthly recurring gift, thank you! You will receive a mask if your monthly donation is $35 or more.
Can I make my gift via phone or mail?
On Tuesday, February 23, if you would like to receive a mask as a thank you for your gift of $35 or more you can:
- Make a credit card gift over the phone by calling Young Harris College at (706) 379-5334
Mail a check to:
Young Harris College
Office of Advancement
1 College Street
Young Harris, Ga. 30582
When will I receive my mask(s) in the mail?
Masks will ship two to three weeks after you make your gift.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Per IRS guidelines, the charitable portion of your donation must be reduced by the fair market value of the goods or services received. The Young Harris College mask is valued at $7. Therefore, if your donation is $35, your tax-deductible portion of your gift will be $28.00. However, if your gift is greater than or equal to $56.00, then the full amount of your gift can be considered tax-deductible per IRS guidelines. If you have questions about the deductibility of your gift, please consult your tax advisor.
Can students buy masks?
Yes! Students can buy masks beginning Tuesday, February 23 with a $35 donation to the YHC Giving Day until supplies run out!
A few general mask details:
- The mask design was created by Sarah Fanueff, a senior graphic design major at Young Harris College!
- The masks are made of 3 layers of premium protection with adjustable ear straps and a metal nose piece which forms around your nose.
- Please note: This is NOT a medical-grade mask and is not intended as a replacement for medical-grade equipment or other recommended measures to stop the community spread of any viruses, including social distancing, washing your hands and refraining from touching your face. This is not an FDA-approved product. This product makes no claims of antimicrobial protection, antiviral protection, particulate filtration or infection prevention or reduction. This product is not intended for use in a medical setting.