The Office of Information Technology (IT) seeks to enhance the liberal arts experience by integrating and supporting appropriate technological solutions for all aspects of the institution. We believe a technology rich environment will help prepare students to succeed in today’s market place. IT provides services in four core areas: Customer Service to include Help Desk and individual computer support, Network Service and Telecommunications, Information Systems and Instructional Technology.
- Wireless: Wireless connectivity is available in most areas of campus.
- Email: All students are provided with a network login and email address.
- Computers: Computers are available in the Zell & Shirley Miller Library and specific computer labs related to academic disciplines.
- Campus Portal: YHC Connect is the College’s campus portal that provides an electronic medium for faculty, staff and students to connect and share information about events, announcements and campus news. YHC Connect gives students the ability to view class schedules, grades, unofficial transcripts and register for classes. In addition, students can monitor the status of washers and dryers in residence halls and receive a text message or email when a cycle is complete.
- One Card: YHC One card is the official ID card of Young Harris College that provides Dining Hall admittance, electronic key access and declining balance for use in the campus bookstore and Dining Hall.
The Help Desk is the central point of contact for the provision of all services by the Office of Information Technology. If you have any question relating to campus technology or support, please email the Helpdesk or call (706) 379-5212.