Campus Activities Board
The Campus Activities Board (CAB) at Young Harris College is a student-run organization that provides a variety of quality entertainment and leadership opportunities for all YHC students, allowing them to get involved on campus in a unique way. Not only do students gain incredible life skills through planning and running events, but they also enjoy experiences that they will remember for a lifetime with friends they’ll never forget.
Students can join one of five committees that plan anything from guest musicians, novelties, awareness campaigns, large scale intramural competitions, community service events. CAB takes a large role in planning major campus events such as Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Welcome Week, Welcome Back Week and Homecoming. CAB has an innate ability to impact each student at YHC. Whether it’s attending an event, taking a role as a general member, or becoming a leader on our executive board, we need your input!
General Members are placed on committees and meet with the committee chairs to plan a specific genre of events.
CAB provides students with experiences in planning, publicizing, budgeting and implementing programs that help them develop lifelong skills to complement their academic experiences at YHC. Any student at Young Harris College is welcome and encouraged to get involved with CAB through the committees at any time during the academic school year. CAB is funded by the Office of Student Involvement.
Why Join CAB?
- Be a part of the largest student programming board on campus.
- Meet new people and make lasting friendships.
- Be a student leader.
- Build lifelong skills to complement your academic experiences at YHC.
- Develop and enhance your leadership skills.
- Plan exciting events like Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Welcome Week, Casino Night, Coffee House and more.
- Have a say in what events students will enjoy each semester.
- Have FUN!!!