Young Harris College educates, inspires and empowers students through a comprehensive liberal arts experience that integrates mind, body and spirit. In today’s global community, a liberal arts education cannot be comprehensive or complete without a strong international component. The mission of the YHC study abroad and international programs is to engage the College community in meaningful international experiences that foster an awareness and appreciation of diverse cultures and provide it with a wide range of exciting opportunities for personal and communal growth. Living and studying abroad broadens students' understanding of the language, people and culture of various world regions and contributes to a better understanding of our own culture.
The international programs of Young Harris College are committed to providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities that enhance awareness and understanding of international and intercultural issues. By offering a welcoming campus environment to international students and faculty and by developing diverse and substantive international programs, we seek to build collaborative relationships across various academic disciplines and cultures, conducive to liberal learning and shared spiritual and social values.
International programs at YHC will...
- enjoy learning experiences outside of the traditional classroom setting
- develop a global frame of mind and broaden your worldview
- immerse yourself in a new culture and gain a new perspecitve on your own country
- embrace challenges and discover new strengths
- experience personal growth and gain a sense of independence
- adapt to new situations and explore different ideas and perceptions
- enhance the value of your degree and employment opportunities
- take advantage of travel opportunities integrated into the curriculum
- make new friends from around the world
Find Out More...
- Faculty-Led Programs
- Study Abroad Affiliates
- Study Abroad Partners
- External Programs
- Currency Converter
For more information about study abroad programs, contact Director of Study Abroad Dr. Ruth Looper.