Wondering how you can give back to Young Harris College? The Office of Alumni Services is always happy to discuss unique ways to help YHC alumni show their appreciation for the school that means so much to all of us. Whether through traditional monetary donations, volunteering your time to help out on campus, or just coming out to cheer on a YHC athletic team or watch a musical production, every alumnus and alumna can make a difference!
Whether you're an alumnus, parent or friend of YHC, here are several ways you can help advance the mission of Young Harris College through your time, experience or resources. Some of these ideas require very little time or effort, but can bring tremendous benefit to our alma mater. You can make a difference right now!
- Make a gift to the Young Harris Annual Fund. Every gift, regardless of size, helps.
- Help recruit future YHC students, and encourage a prospective student to visit campus.
- Hire YHC students and graduates.
- Support YHC athletics. Attend and cheer loudly at games!
- Know all the different ways to give back to YHC.
- Attend a Young Harris College alumni event in your area... and take a fellow alum with you.
- Host YHC alumni gatherings.
- Support your Class Scholarship Challenge.
- Update your contact information online or by contacting us at (800) 241-3754, (706) 379-5334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay educated about Young Harris; share what you know with others.
- Visit campus. You are always welcome at YHC!
- Wear YHC clothing and/or display YHC memorabilia at home and at work. YHC merchandise can be purchased online at the YHC Bookstore.
- Be sure your local high school is well informed about Young Harris College.
- Help the Office of Alumni Services locate “lost” alumni. Encourage fellow alumni to keep records up to date.
- Identify potential donors for scholarships, endowments and naming opportunities.
- Identify future leaders for the Alumni Board, Young Alumni Council and other alumni volunteer boards/councils.
- Attend and promote Young Harris College cultural activities such at Theatre Young Harris performances, music events, lectures and art gallery openings.
- Remember YHC in your will and estate plan.
- Read Echoes Magazine and the Today@YHC alumni newsletter - and share them with a friend or prospective student when finished.
- Submit a Class Note to Echoes Magazine to tell fellow alumni about personal achievements, marriages, births and other news.
- Contact a former professor and say thanks for his/her teaching and mentoring.
- Encourage friends and classmates to attend Homecoming, Alumni Weekend and their class reunions.
- Support alumni programming by joining the Endowed Century Club.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Services.