Young Harris College is a private, baccalaureate degree-granting college located in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. Founded in 1886 and historically affiliated with The United Methodist Church, Young Harris College educates, inspires and empowers students through the highest quality liberal arts education. The College currently has more than 1,200 students across five divisions-Education, Fine Arts, Humanities, Mathematics and Science, and Social and Behavioral Sciences. The historic campus in Young Harris, Ga., is currently undergoing major campus improvements to accommodate the College’s growth. Recent LEED-certified campus improvements include the 121,000-square-foot Rollins Campus Center, a 226-bed residence hall for freshmen, a 57,000-square-foot recreation and fitness center, and a 248-bed apartment-style residential village. In 2014, the College was granted active membership in NCAA Division II and remains a fierce competitor in the prestigious Peach Belt Conference. YHC is among fewer than 300 colleges and universities nationwide named to the 2014-2015 list of Colleges of Distinction. For more information, visit yhc.edu.
Assistant Professor of Music/Coordinator of the Music Education Program
Young Harris College invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Music/Coordinator of the Music Education program. This position is a full-time, tenure-track position in Music and will begin August 2015. Primary responsibilities include working closely with the Division of Education and the Department of Music to coordinate the Music Education Program, which includes a Bachelor of Music Education degree; teaching courses in music education; supervising student teachers; and other areas related to the candidate’s expertise. Additional duties include recruiting, participating in outreach, and maintaining an agenda of research and/or creative activity. Qualifications: Doctoral degree in music education and at least 3 years of successful public school teaching experience. Candidates in any music discipline are encouraged to apply, but those with choral teaching experience will be given preference.
Candidates should apply online here. Applications should include a cover letter, CV and three letters of recommendation. In addition, transcripts should be sent electronically to HumanResources@yhc.edu or by mail to Dr. Edwin Calloway, Department of Music Chair, Human Resources Office, Young Harris College, P.O. Box 68, Young Harris, GA 30582. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates must successfully pass a background check.
Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Assistant Director for Academic Support and Accommodations
- Serve as a collaborative member of the SSC and participate fully in the coordination of programs hosted within the Center including; orientation, first-year programming, student transitions, academic advising, early alert and student outreach, and tutoring.
- Provide broad support and assist greatly in the planning, design and execution of academic support efforts at the College, in coordination with the Director and Center staff
- Direct and manage all efforts associated with disability services including:
- Supervise the Coordinator for Accommodations and Accessibility
- Ensure compliance with federal laws and work with students with known disabilities to ensure holistic learning and overall success
- Act as the primary contact and representative to faculty, staff, parents, students and other stakeholders on questions regarding student accommodations on behalf of the SSC
- Develop and/or review individual accommodation plans that meet federal requirements and support student success
- Serve as a representative to the College and advocate for student access and accommodation
- Meet with families of incoming students to orient them to the services
- Initiate programming and host training to increase awareness among students, faculty and staff; ultimately cultivating a climate of inclusion.
- Host ongoing success consultations with students
- Serve as guide, mentor, and resource for students
- Maintain accurate and confidential records
- Support overall reporting and tracking processes in the Center
Adjunct Instructor of Art, Photography
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNED GIVING
Sodexo Facilities Management at Young Harris College is currently seeking applicants for custodial positions. These positions are part-time positions that will report to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Dependability, responsible and ability to work well with others.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Custodians are responsible for cleaning of offices, classrooms, restrooms, and hallways.
2. Checks and removes graffiti from classrooms, walls, and other surfaces.
3. Informs the Housekeeping Supervisor of needed supplies and/or equipment.
4. Assists in trash and recycling management by collecting and discarding.
5. Provides any and all other duties as deemed necessary by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
How to Apply:
Applications can be picked up in the Physical Plant at Young Harris College located on Maple Street below where new construction is taking place for the new Campus Center and across from the pond. Office hours are from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Young Harris College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and all persons involved in the operations of the College are prohibited from engaging in this type of conduct.