YHC Presents Upcoming Fine Arts Events
YOUNG HARRIS, Ga. – Young Harris College invites the community to attend upcoming Fine Arts events. All events will take place on the YHC campus, which is located at 1 College St., Young Harris, Georgia 30582. You are invited to enjoy the following events:
- From Thursday, September 23 – Thursday, October 21, the Campus Gate Art Gallery will host a group exhibit by designers and artists from Danger Press. The exhibit will be open weekdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. An opening reception will be held Thursday, September 23 at 6 p.m., and it will include a live printing featuring the talents of YHC art students. This event and the exhibit are free and open to the public.
- On Saturday, September 25 at 2 p.m., “The Great Alphabet Adventure” by Julia Flood will be held in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. This children’s play gives a fresh and energetic look into the power of reading. A special thanks goes to the Fred Register Endowment for Children’s Theatre for making this play free to the public.
- On Tuesday, October 12 at 7 p.m., a Faculty Artist Recital featuring Dr. Patrick Young, tuba, and Dr. Andrew Sehmann, horn, will be held in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. The recital will feature a variety of music by different composers and of varying styles. This event will be free and open to the public.
- On Thursday, October 14 at 7 p.m., the Mu Phi Epsilon Member Recital will be held in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. This show will feature the talents of YHC’s co-ed music fraternity. The recital will be open to the public, and donations will be accepted at the door.
- On Thursday, October 21 at 7 p.m., the YHC Brass Ensemble will perform in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. The concert will feature YHC’s own brass instrumentalists, and it will be free and open to the public.
- On Saturday, October 23 at 7 p.m., YHC’s Concert Choir and Chamber Choir will perform various pieces in the Fall Choral Concert in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. The concert will be free and open to the public.
- On Sunday, October 24 at 3 p.m., the YHC Community Band will play a concert in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. Comprised of musicians from the local community, the Community Band will perform traditional band classics, as well as entertaining “pops” music. The show will be free and open to the public.
- On Tuesday, October 26 at 7 p.m., the YHC Concert Band will perform in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. Woodwind, brass, and percussion players will perform a wide repertory of music ranging from traditional to contemporary. The show will be free and open to the public.
- From Thursday, October 28 – Thursday, December 2, the Campus Gate Art Gallery will host an art exhibit titled, “She tries to be perfect, she fails. It is okay” by Madeline Peck Wagner. The exhibit will be open weekdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. An opening reception will be held Thursday, October 28 at 6 p.m. This event and exhibit are free and open to the public.
For more information about the above events, please contact YHC Fine Arts at (706) 379-5182.
About Young Harris College
Young Harris College is a private baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting institution located in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. Founded in 1886 and historically affiliated with The United Methodist Church, Young Harris College educates, inspires, and empowers students through an education that purposefully integrates the liberal arts and professional studies. The College has four academic divisions: Fine Arts; Humanities; Mathematics, Science and Technology; and Professional Studies. More than 1,400 students are enrolled in its residential and Early College programs. The College is an active member of the NCAA Division II and remains a fierce competitor in the prestigious Peach Belt Conference. For more information, visit yhc.edu.