Young Harris College Presents Fine Arts Events for February
YOUNG HARRIS, Ga. — Young Harris College invites the community to attend fine arts events in February. All events will take place on the YHC campus, which is located at 1 College St., Young Harris, Georgia 30582. Enjoy the following events:
- On Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m., YHC’s Alpha Psi Omega National Theatre Honor Society will present “Unlucky in Love,” the annual Valentine’s Day Cabaret Fundraiser in Suber Banquet Hall. Talented students will perform a variety of short musical and dramatic bits related to the themes of love and heartbreak. Tickets include the show and desserts and are $12 per person and $20 per couple. Cash and checks only. You can call (706) 379-5182 for additional details.
- From Thursday, Feb. 20 – Saturday, Feb. 22, Theatre Young Harris will present “Little Shop of Horrors” in Glenn-McGinnis Hall. A deviously delicious Broadway and Hollywood sci-fi smash musical, “Little Shop of Horrors” has devoured the hearts of theatre goers for more than 30 years. In the musical, meek floral assistant Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant he names “Audrey II” after his coworker crush. This foulmouthed, R&B singing, carnivore plant promises unending fame and fortune to Seymour as long as he keeps feeding it blood. The “Pay What You Can” Preview is Thursday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. Regular performances are Friday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for seniors 65+ or with YHC ID. Contributions are accepted during the “Pay What You Can” Preview. The Box Office is open Monday – Friday from 3 – 5 p.m. in the lobby of Goolsby Center and at (706) 379-4307. Tickets are also available online at yhc.edu/boxoffice.
- On Sunday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m., Dennis Jesse, baritone, will provide a guest artist recital in the Susan B. Harris Chapel. The concert is free and open to the public.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m., members of Mu Phi Epsilon will provide a recital in Glenn-McGinnis Hall. This event is free and open to the public.
- On Thursday, Feb. 27 at 7 p.m., the YHC Concert Band will perform a concert in Glenn-McGinnis Hall. This event is free and open to the public.
For more information about the above events, please contact YHC Fine Arts at (706) 379-5182.
About Young Harris College
Young Harris College is a private baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting institution located in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. Founded in 1886 and historically affiliated with The United Methodist Church, Young Harris College educates, inspires and empowers students through an education that purposefully integrates the liberal arts and professional studies. The College has four academic divisions: Fine Arts; Humanities; Mathematics, Science and Technology; and Professional Studies. More than 1,400 students are enrolled in its residential and Early College programs. The College is an active member of the NCAA Division II and remains a fierce competitor in the prestigious Peach Belt Conference. For more information, visit yhc.edu.