What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- Three electives from a large collection of applicable disciplines
Major classes in Popular Culture, including:
- Introduction to Media Communication: design and conduct your own media research
- Introduction to Cultural Theory and Popular Culture: consider the ways both “culture” and “the popular” have developed over time
- Popping Culture: learn critical methods of interrogating and assessing popular messages, movements, and practices
What can you do with a popular culture minor?
Popular culture prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. Students develop the skills to produce and edit thoughtful and ethical messages for broadcast, print, and online forums. Students can star in front of a camera or work behind the scenes in exciting and influential fields after graduating such as advertising, gaming, marketing, and multimedia platforms.