In today's global community, a liberal arts education cannot be comprehensive or complete without a strong international component. Therefore, the mission of the YHC study abroad and international programs is to engage the College community in meaningful international experiences that foster appreciation of diverse cultures and provide its members with a wide range of exciting opportunities for personal and communal growth. Living and studying abroad deepens students' understanding of other languages, peoples and cultures, and thus contributes to a better understanding of our own ways of seeing the world.
The international programs of Young Harris College are committed to providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities that enhance awareness and understanding of international and intercultural issues. By offering a welcoming campus environment to international students and faculty, and by developing diverse and substantive international programs, we seek to build collaborative relationships across various academic disciplines and cultures, and thereby quicken our imaginations, intellects and shared spiritual and social values.
International programs at YHC will help students to discover their best selves.
As a participant, you will:
- learn outside of the traditional classroom setting
- develop a global frame of mind and broaden your worldview
- immerse yourself in a new culture and gain a new perspective on your own country
- embrace challenges and discover new strengths
- experience personal growth and gain a sense of independence
- adapt to new situations and explore different ideas and perceptions
- enhance the value of your degree and employment opportunities
- take advantage of travel opportunites integrated into the curriculum
- make new friends from around the world
The study abroad experiences of three YHC students were featured in the Fall 2019 issue of Echoes magazine, which can be found here.”
Find out more:
- Faculty-Led Programs
- Exchange Programs
- External Programs
- Study Abroad Affiliates
- Study Abroad Partners
- Currency Calculator
For more information about study abroad programs, contact the Coordinator of International Studies, Dr. Jennifer Schroeder.