Information for High School Guidance Counselors
Welcome! We know what an important role you play in students’ search for the right college fit, and we want to support the work you do. If you have any questions about admissions at Young Harris College, please contact us.
- YHC practices rolling admissions. There are no application deadlines, however, we encourage students to apply in the fall of their senior year in high school to have the best opportunity to earn Young Harris merit-based scholarships.
- YHC offers generous merit scholarships. Students are notified about their scholarships shortly after they are admitted to the College. Currently, there are no scholarship deadlines.
- Students are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The YHC school code is 001604. Upon receipt of the FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid will prepare an award package for each applicant. Due to our generous scholarships, the published YHC cost is greatly reduced for most students. Qualified Georgia students may also receive the HOPE scholarship.
Steps To Apply For Admission
- Submit the online YHC application. There is no application fee.
- Request an official high school transcript to be submitted directly from the high school to YHC.
Request an official SAT or ACT score to be sent to YHC.
- College Board (SAT) code: 5990
- ACT code: 0880
- After receipt of a student’s credentials, the Office of Admissions will review the student's completed file. A new academic GPA will be calculated, including only academic coursework (e.g., English, math, science, social/behavioral science, foreign language, etc.). The academic GPA will be used in determining admission and scholarship eligibility, and test scores are used to determine proper course placement.
- Students coming to YHC with dual enrollment credit must submit official college transcripts to receive college credit for previously taken courses.
- YHC accepts AP, IB and CLEP credit.
- Accepted students are encouraged to submit an enrollment deposit as soon as they decide to attend Young Harris College. Priority on residence halls and course registration is given based on deposit date. Enrollment deposits are refundable until May 1 should a student decide to no longer attend Young Harris College.
Need more info? Want to visit the YHC campus? Contact us!
YHC At A Glance
YHC Student Profile
Programs Of Study
Young Harris Early College
- High school juniors and seniors who qualify can take courses through YHC’s dual enrollment program, Young Harris Early College.
- Courses are online and free through the state of Georgia’s dual enrollment program.
- Early College students may receive enhanced merit scholarships if they decide to enroll at YHC to earn their college degree after high school.
- Learn more here.