Skip to content
Rollins Campus Center

About the Registrar’s Office

The Office of the Registrar is here to help you with all aspects of the registration process:

  • Tracking and recording your classes and grades
  • Preparing and distributing class schedules
  • Assigning academic advisors
  • Issuing transcripts and grade reports
  • Evaluating HOPE eligibility and transfer credits
  • Verifying enrollment
  • Assisting with the graduation process
a person using a laptop

Request a transcript

Young Harris College sends official transcripts electronically through National Student Clearinghouse to participating schools. This service is only available for students who began attendance at YHC in the fall of 1993 or after.

Currently enrolled students may obtain an unofficial transcript through Self-Service.

Official transcripts may be requested:

See who made the lists

a group of people walking

President’s List

Students who achieve a 4.0 grade point average are eligible to be named to the President’s List. See who’s on in the list for Spring 2024.

a group of people in a classroom

Dean’s List

Students who achieve a 3.5 grade point average or better are eligible to be named to the Dean’s List. See who’s on in the list for Spring 2024.

Frequently asked questions about records 

Does YHC offer federal benefits for veteran students?

Veterans at Young Harris College are eligible to receive the following federal benefits:

  • Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
  • Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
  • Dependent’s Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
  • Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)

A Veteran Intent to Enroll Form must be submitted each term upon registration for an enrollment certification to be submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs. It is the student’s responsibility to inform the VA certifying official of any changes to schedule, including added or dropped courses, withdrawals, or change of major.

Will my credits transfer to YHC?

Young Harris College’s Transfer Equivalency website is a guide to how classes at your current or former school may transfer to YHC. To check your credits, visit the website. Scroll down to find the institutions where you have previously taken courses and click on the link for the school. From there, you will be able to check to see how Young Harris College accepts the credit.

The fact that a course appears in the list is no guarantee that the course will transfer in your individual case, and the fact that a class is listed from your current or former school is no guarantee that the school is currently offering the course or plans on offering the course in the future.

Once a decision has been made on a transfer student application, final determination of transfer credit acceptance is ultimately made by the College registrar and department chairs. You must submit official transcripts of all completed coursework before a final determination can be made on credit transfer.

Our equivalency system is subject to frequent revision. The catalog dates for each institution reflect the latest revision date for transfer equivalencies from that school.

Can my family access my academic records and other student information?

Notification of Rights Under FERPA The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) allows students access to their educational records and limits the ability of others to access those records, except as authorized by law.

  1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access. A student should submit a written request to the Registrar that identifies the record(s) the student wishes to inspect. The Registrar’s Office will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the Registrar’s Office, the Registrar will make arrangements for the student to review the requested record(s) at a time and place agreeable to all parties involved. Such arrangements will be scheduled within the allotted time limit.
  2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the student believes is inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA. A student who wishes to ask the College to amend a record should write the College Registrar, clearly identify the part of the record the student wants changed, and specify why it should be changed. If the College decides not to amend the record as requested, the College will notify the student in writing of the decision and the student’s right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.
  3. The right to provide written consent before the College discloses personally identifiable information from the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. The College discloses education records without a student’s prior written consent under the FERPA exception for disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including security unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted as its agent to provide a service instead of using College employees or officials (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibilities for the College.
  4. Generally, Young Harris College must have written permission from the student before releasing any information from a student’s educational record. However, the law and Young Harris College policies allow disclosure of records, without consent of the student, to the following:
    • College employees who have a legitimate need to know in the fulfillment of his or her professional responsibility
    • Parents of dependent students as defined by the Internal Revenue Code
    • Persons who need to know in cases of health and safety emergencies
    • Accrediting organizations to carry out accrediting functions
    • Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student
    • Federal, State, and local governmental officials for purposes authorized by law
    • Individuals who have lawfully obtained court orders or subpoenas
    • Organizations conducting educational studies for the College
    • Other schools to which a student is applying or transferring
    • Courts during litigation between the College and the student or parent
    • Alleged victim of crime of violence after final results of a disciplinary hearing
  5. Directory Information The College designates the following as public or “Directory Information:”

    • student’s name
    • address (permenant)
    • program of study
    • degree sought
    • expected date of completion of degree requirements and graduation
    • degrees and awards received
    • dates of attendance
    • full or part time enrollment status
    • previous educational agency or institution attended
    • participation in officially recognized activities and sports
    • weight and height of athletic team members and other similar information
    • classification (grade level)
    • email address
    • photograph

    Students may restrict the release of “Directory Information,” except to school officials with legitimate educational interests and others as indicated in point #4 above. To do so, a student must make the request in writing to the Registrar’s Office, P.O. Box 96, Young Harris, GA, 30582. Once filed, this request becomes a permanent part of the student’s record until the student instructs the Registrar, in writing, to have the request removed.

  6. Parental/Legal Guardian Rights The College will provide grades and access to student education records to parents or legal guardians who certify that the students are financially dependent, as defined in Section 152 of the 1986 Internal Revenue Code. Parents or legal guardians will be required to sign a Release of Information Agreement and follow the procedure detailed in #1.
  7. The right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA. In many situations, complaints relative to FERPA can be resolved within the College on an informal basis. Any student who wishes to discuss a FERPA complaint may contact the Vice President for Academic Affairs Office, P.O. Box 242, #1 College Street, Young Harris, GA, 30582. To file a FERPA complaint with the US Department of Education, contact the Office that administers FERPA at:

Family Policy Compliance Office
US Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Washington, DC, 20202-4605

How can I access old academic catalogs?

The 2010-2011 academic year was the launch date for Young Harris College’s online catalogs, which can be viewed on our catalog page by selecting the appropriate catalog year from the drop-down menu.

If you are looking for content from older catalogs, please email your request to the registrar stating the information you are requesting and your contact information. Please allow at least 5 business days for us to process your request.

Young Harris College Sign

Contact the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is located on the bottom floor of the Rollins Campus Center. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Phone: (706) 379-5230