Clay Dotson Open
More than 95 percent of YHC students receive some form of financial assistance, and all proceeds from the Clay Dotson Open are used toward student scholarships. Your generous support of this event allows YHC students the opportunity to achieve their academic pursuits and become part of a 134-year legacy.
The rescheduled 2020 tournament will take place Monday, August 10.
Located in the quiet, rolling hills of Young Harris, Georgia, Brasstown Valley Resort is home to a 7,000-yard, par-72, links-style golf course that is ranked by Golf Digest as one of the top 10 places to play in the state.
- One flight at 10 a.m.
- Prizes awarded for low net score (1st, 2nd and 3rd place)
- Alumni Challenge Award
- Putting contest with prizes
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary boxed lunch
- Complimentary team photograph
- Mulligans available for purchase prior to the day of the tournament
New Tournament Schedule
Due to COVID-19 protocols, the tournament schedule has been adjusted to the following:
9 a.m. Continental breakfast
9:30 a.m. Tournament rules and announcements
10 a.m. Tee off
Boxed lunch will be delivered while you play. After the round, turn in your scorecard. Final scores will be emailed and posted on yhc.edu. Trophies will be mailed to the winners.
Tom Forkner, Sr. Alumni Challenge
Gather at least three YHC alumni and compete for a special award.
- Discounted rate for alumni on team ($150 per alumnus/alumna player)
- Award for the team (with three or more alumni) that has the lowest score in the tournament
Opportunities are available for you or your organization to be a tournament sponsor.
For more information about the Clay Dotson Open, contact Vice President for Advancement Mark Dotson at (706) 379-5355 or by email.