YHC Presents Upcoming Fine Arts Events
YOUNG HARRIS, Ga. — Young Harris College invites the community to attend upcoming Fine Arts events. All events will take place on the YHC campus, which is located at 1 College Street, Young Harris, Georgia 30582. You are invited to enjoy the following events:
- On Tuesday, November 9 at 7 p.m., the YHC Jazz Band will perform in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. The show will be free and open to the public.
- From Wednesday, November 10 – Saturday, November 13, “Ordinary Days” will be held in Dobbs Theatre. The “Pay What You Can Preview” will be Wednesday, November 10 at 7 p.m. Donations will be accepted at the door. Shows on Thursday, November 11 and Friday, November 12 will be at 7 p.m. The matinee show will be Saturday, November 13 at 2 p.m. Admission for shows November 11 – 13 is $10 per adult, $5 per student with YHC ID, and $5 per senior 65+ with photo ID. Tickets can be purchased online at yhc.edu/boxoffice.
- On Tuesday, November 16 at 7 p.m. and Wednesday November 17 at 7 p.m., “Gruesome Playground Injuries” will be held in Dobbs Theatre. Donations will be accepted at the door.
- On Tuesday, November 30, the YHC Percussion Ensemble will perform at 7 p.m. in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. The show will be free and open to the public.
- On Saturday, December 4 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, December 5 at 3 p.m., “Christmas at YHC” will be held in Glenn~McGinnis Hall. Admission will be $10 per adult and free for YHC students.
- On Friday, December 10 at 6 p.m. and Saturday, December 11 at 3 p.m., the Mountain Community Chorus Christmas Concert will be held at Sharp Memorial United Methodist Church. Donations will be accepted at the door.
- Now through Thursday, December 2, the Campus Gate Art Gallery is hosting an art exhibit titled, “She tries to be perfect, she fails. It is okay.” by Madeleine Peck Wagner. The exhibit is open weekdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
For more information about the above events, please contact YHC Fine Arts at (706) 379-5182.
About Young Harris College
Young Harris College is a private baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting institution located in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. Founded in 1886 and historically affiliated with The United Methodist Church, Young Harris College educates, inspires, and empowers students through an education that purposefully integrates the liberal arts and professional studies. The College has four academic divisions: Fine Arts; Humanities; Mathematics, Science and Technology; and Professional Studies. More than 1,400 students are enrolled in its residential and Early College programs. The College is an active member of the NCAA Division II and remains a fierce competitor in the prestigious Peach Belt Conference. For more information, visit yhc.edu.