Economics is one of several Business and Public Policy (BUSP) degrees offered at YHC. The BUSP department trains students on how to run a business in a world governed by policy and how to create policies with the business world in mind.
The Business and Public Policy majors are all built on the same liberal arts core and common business core. These majors have been designed with the intent to allow students to double major within the BUSP areas. Students are encouraged to do so.
What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- A large business core of accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and public policy
Major classes in economics, including:
- Behavioral economics: Study human irrationality and bad decision making
- Development economics: Understand why poor nations are poor and what can be done about it
- Public economics: Explore the government’s economic responsibilities
What can you do with an economics major?
Economics prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. Several YHC economics students have gone into entry-level jobs in marketing, financial planning, analysis and government policy work. Of the ones who have pursued graduate school, they are studying a variety of topics like law, divinity, crisis management and sustainability, as well as economics.
View the Economics Minor curriculum*
*When viewing requirements for your major, please select appropriate catalog year.