What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- A large business core of accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and public policy
Major classes in economics, including:
- Behavioral economics: Study human irrationality and bad decision making
- Development economics: Understand why poor nations are poor and what can be done about it
- Public economics: Explore the government’s economic responsibilities
What can you do with an economics major?
Economics prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. Several YHC economics students have gone into entry-level jobs in marketing, financial planning, analysis and government policy work. Of the ones who have pursued graduate school, they are studying a variety of topics like law, divinity, crisis management and sustainability, as well as economics.
You can also minor in economics!