Management is one of several Business and Public Policy (BUSP) degrees offered at YHC. The BUSP department trains students on how to run a business in a world governed by policy and how to create policies with the business world in mind.
The Business and Public Policy majors are all built on the same liberal arts core and common business core. These majors have been designed with the intent to allow students to double major within the BUSP areas. Students are encouraged to do so.
What classes will you take?
- A diverse set of classes in the liberal arts core
- A large business core of accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and public policy
Major classes in management, including:
- Principles of leadership: Learn a combination of academic and practical approaches to improved leadership
- International business practices and government policies: Study how international business is different from business in general
- Decision making and operations management: Learn how businesses can make better decisions and what can be done to improve effectiveness and efficiency in business
What can you do with a management major?
Management prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. A degree in management firmly puts your foot on the for-profit or not-for-profit corporate ladder should you choose to follow that path. Small business operators and entrepreneurs will have a solid business foundation with this degree. A management degree will set you up for success in roles requiring effectiveness and efficiency.
*When viewing requirements for your major, please select appropriate catalog year.