What classes will you take?
Minor classes in sport studies include:
Two foundation courses:
- Sport Ethics - allows the student to examine moral reasoning and the ethical issues in sport and human performance
- Sport in Society - offers the opportunity to analyze the history of sport, society's sport values, and the current problems and controversies that exist in the world of sport.
- In addition to the foundation courses, the student selects nine total hours from a variety of other courses in areas such as kinesiology, communication and sport, youth sport, event management, sport psychology, and coaching principles and theories.
- Two foundation courses:
What can you do with Sport Studies minor?
The sport studies minor prepares you for a range of graduate school and career options. The program will serve as an excellent foundation for students who have career or graduate school interests in such areas as:
- Sports and Recreation Administration
- Sports Communication
- Youth Sport Administration
- Facility Management
- Sports Information
- Sports Marketing
- Sport Journalism
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Retail
- Physical Therapy
- Personal Training
- Athletic Training