Please visit the Housing & Dining Accommodations page for further accommodations not mentioned below.
Newly Admitted Students
Students enrolled at Young Harris College are encouraged to register with Disability Services as soon as they are aware of a need for a disability-related accommodation(s). Newly admitted students may begin registering with Disability Services once they have:
- Paid their deposit
- Acquired a YHC ID number
- Established their yhc.edu email account
Begin the Process (all students)
To begin the registration process, a student must complete and submit two pieces of information:
- The Request for Accommodations form (online form)
- Documentation of the disability that follows established guidelines. Please review the current General Documentation Guidelines (PDF).
How to Submit Your Documents
Information can be submitted to Disability Services in one of the following ways. Unfortunately, Disability Services no longer supports fax communication.
- Attached to the online Request for Accommodations form upon submission *preferred
- Uploaded using the Disability Services - Document Submission form *preferred
- Dropped off at the Success Center front desk during regular business hours
- Sent by post mail to the following address:
Disability Services - Success Center
1 College St.
Young Harris, GA 30582
Process and Review
Disability Services will only review accommodation requests once all information is received. Required information includes:
- Completed Request for Accommodations form
- Documentation as described above in the General Documentation Guidelines
Once information is processed and reviewed, students will be contacted at their yhc.edu email address outlining next steps which may include a request to submit additional information and/or an invitation and directions to schedule a meeting.
The accommodations process is not an immediate process. Please allow up to 10 business days for review.
Contact Disability Services for more information.